Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lost in the now

As I sit here today, my heart is heavy for my friend. This week she lost a family member after a struggle with cancer. Her "now" is the reason I am sharing this blog. My prayer continues to be that others will be encouraged not matter what is going on in your "now".


-----------

9/4/2008

"Hey Mom, I hope you are having a good day so far and that you had a good rest last night. I guess maybe you are going to have dialysis today? Hopefully that all goes well and the dialysis nurses will be nice to you. Are Chuck and Ali coming to see you today? I bet it's been pretty nice to have them visit a lot. They love you bunches and are loving you for us while we can't be there.

Your verses for today are from Lamentations :19-33; 55-58:

19-33:  "I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. It is good for people to bear the yoke while they are young. Let them sit alone in silence, for the Lord has laid it on them. Let them bury their faces in the dust--there may yet be hope. Let them offer their cheeks to one who would strike them, let them be filled with disgrace. For people are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to any man."

55-58:  "I called on your name, Lord, from the depths of the pit. You heard my plea: 'Do not fear.' You, Lord, took up my case; you redeemed my life."

I know you've read and heard these verses before, but I am reminded agan of how pertinent they are for you. It's easy to get lost in the now, but God is already past all that. What a comfort (hopefully!) for us during the "night".

I think we are going to head down there on Saturday--at least that's the plan so far. It'll be good to see you.

Love
Andi"

No comments:

Post a Comment